Healing stones are gaining popularity globally, and people are using them to become more attuned to their bodies and mind, enabling them to find the right balance. For centuries, crystals have been in practice, with ancient people using them for spiritual and magical powers.
Crystals hold energy in the form of vibrations and transmit this energy to the body, balancing your emotional, spiritual, and physical energies.
The Basics of Crystals and Chakras for Beginners
- Position: On the head.
- Color: Gold/Lavender/White.
- Purpose: Emotion, ability to receive, and connection.
- Crystals: Lepidolite, Selenite, Clear Quartz.
Third Eye Chakra
- Position: In the middle of the eyes.
- Color: Purple Indigo.
- Purpose: Understanding things, the ability to receive, thought processes, awareness, and dealing with inner vision.
- Crystals: Soladite, Amethyst.
- Position: In the middle of the throat.
- Color: Royal Blue.
- Purpose: Voicing opinions, speaking one’s truth, self-expression, and moving through fear.
- Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Angelite.
- Position: In the center of the breast bones.
- Color: Bright Green
- Purpose: Compassion acceptance deals with love and kindness.
- Crystals: Noble green serpentine, Rose quartz.
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Position: A couple of inches above the belly button.
- Color: Bright Yellow
- Purpose: Moving forward, dealing with self-confidence, acceptance, and compassion.
- Crystals: Citrine, Tiger’s Eye.
- Position: Above the public bone.
- Purpose: Deals with sexuality, creativity, and passion.
- Color: Bright Orange.
- Crystals: Carnelian, Orange Calcite.
- Position: Low back perineum.
- Purpose: Deals with stability, being grounded, and feeling safe.
- Color: Deep Red.
- Crystals: Black Tourmaline, Shungite.
Real Chakra Crystals Don’t Have to Be Expensive
The price of real chakra crystals varies. While not all crystals are expensive, their price depends on the type of stone, vendor, quality, and size. A three-foot amethyst cathedral can cost more than 3000 dollars.
A seven-inch water clean Lemurian seed crystal wand costs around 3000 dollars. However, there are cheap crystals for beginners as well. These are some of the most affordable crystals on the market:
- Clear Quartz: This is the cheapest crystal because it is easily available. This is an important crystal and one that you should have in your collection.
- Amethyst: This crystal is widely available, which is why it is cheap. Amethyst is from the quartz family of crystals and can help you develop a conscious spiritual connection to God.
- Rose Quartz: Another member of the quartz family, this affordable crystal has a pink color. This is the ultimate love crystal; it promotes love for the earth, yourself, and the community.
- Angelite: Another affordable crystal, Angelite has a soft blue color and helps with communication.
- Tiger’s Eye: This is an affordable stone and can help you organize your thoughts.
Choosing Chakra Stones for Beginners
The first step in choosing chakra stones for beginners is to buy the crystal that fits your requirements. Do you want to heal an emotional or physical ailment? Sometimes you might feel a pull towards a crystal; if that happens to you, you need to buy that crystal. A safe choice is a quartz, so invest in quartz if you can’t find any other crystal.
Now that you have picked your crystal, you need to decide the type of shape you want:
- Chunk: Crystals that have a chunk shape have no noticeable facets. These crystals are efficient at cleansing the environment.
- Cut: The crystal that has a cut shape is capable of capturing light. The light enhances the energy of the crystal.
- Tumbled: These crystals are round, shiny, and smooth, and they are comfortable to hold on to.
- Wand: The crystals that have a wand shape, have a pointy end, and can direct energy in one direction.
How to Pick Crystals for 7 Chakras
Root Chakras Stones
Some of the best root chakra crystals are Red Jasper, Hematite, and Black Tourmaline. Black tourmaline is for protection, Hematite can turn negative energy into positive energy, and Red Jasper is used for healing.
Sacral Chakra Stones
Crystals that work well with this chakra are Tiger’s Eye and Orange Carnelian. Orange Carnelian balances underactive and overactive chakra centers. Tiger’s Eye brings sharpness to the inner vision and sharpens the mind’s focus.
Solar Plexus Chakra Stones
Yellow Citrine should be used with this chakra. The yellow citrine can turn healing areas into relationships. Whatever intention you have when using or holding this crystal will appear instantly.
Heart Chakra Stones
The crystals for this chakra are Rhodonite and Emerald. Rhodonite can stimulate forgiveness and unconditional love. Due to its powerful vibrations, emerald can clear out the blockages and open the heart chakra.
Throat Chakra Stones
Aquamarine and Azurite crystals work well with this chakra. Aquamarine can bring calming energy and enhance communication. Azurite can open the third eye chakra and can remove blockages.
Third Eye Chakra Stones
Charoite is the crystal that works perfectly with this chakra. Charoite connects the dots between reality and dreams.
Crown Chakra Stones
You can use quartz for this chakra. Quartz is the most powerful crystal and can cure everything.
Targeting Specific Crystals for Chakra Alignment
Matching Chakra color to Crystal color Procedure
You can choose crystals that have the same color as the chakras. Place the root chakra crystal between the legs and the crown chakra on your head. Lie on the back for about ten minutes. Visualize the chakras as a glowing wheel of colors. Also, visualize the crystal blending and mixing with the colors of the chakra. Once the procedure is over, cleanse your crystal.
Clear Quartz Procedure
It is fine if you don’t have several different colored crystals; there is nothing to worry about. You can buy clear quartz. Once you have the clear quartz, follow these instructions:
- Gather a couple of pieces of clear quartz.
- Clean the quartz and then program it. While programming the crystal, state that your intention is the alignment of chakras. Say this ‘These quartz pieces will align and balance the chakras.’
- Lie on the floor on your back. Place a programmed quartz piece above the crown of your head. Place the other programmed piece on the floor between your legs.
- Focus on visualizing the energy, running from one piece to another. Also, focus on your breathing. You will need to do this procedure for about ten minutes.
The Best Chakra Crystals for Beginners
These are the best chakra crystals for beginners:
- Amethyst: Develops spiritual awareness and intuition. Relieves headaches helps with tranquility and calmness.
- Garnet: A stone for creativity and health. Protects people from nightmares.
- Jade: This chakra crystal is perfect for maintaining focus and is good for ambition. This crystal is also good for longevity.
- Malachite: This allows you to look inwards and releases stored emotions. This stone can alleviate mental issues.
- Obsidian: A protection crystal.
- Opal: A crystal of amplification and can enhance creativity and experiences. Opal crystals can also balance mood swings.
- Pyrite: A crystal for protection and defense.
Jesse G. is a long-time fan of the esoteric in all of its forms and its effects on performance, happiness and stress in a variety of people. His work centers primarily around allowing people to use a variety of areas to figure out what works best for them as individuals.