The third eye is an esoteric and mystical concept of an invisible eye, usually depicted on the forehead, capable of providing perception beyond normal sight. The third eye also refers to a gate that leads to the spaces of higher consciousness and inner realms. In this article, we will discuss the third eye meaning in the bible.
Are There Bible Verses About This Chakra?
Is there a third eye bible verse? In fact, there are several verses in the bible that talk about the third eye. Below we have listed some verses below:
- Matthew 6:22: The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light.
- Genesis 32:30: So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel saying, ‘For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered’.
- Matthew 6:25: ‘’Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
- Acts 2:38: And Peter said to them, ‘’Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- John 14:17: Even the spirit of truth, which the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
The Most Popular Third Eye Bible Verse
This is the most popular and relevant third eye Bible verse:
- 22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Other Chakras Are Mentioned in the Bible as Well
If you can read between the lines, you will find that the Bible contains a wealth of information. Not just spiritual information, but information about the physical world and how it connects with everything we know.
Before discussing this topic further, it should be known that chakra is not an evil or dirty word. Some people might consider the word evil because the Bible references the serpent as a representation of Satan.
The chakra teaching refers to latent energy at the bottom of the spine as ‘Kundalini’ (means coiled snake in Sanskrit); some people are quick to jump to conclusions. The Bible has its own way of describing energy centers. In 2 Timothy 1:7, the verse refers to the spirit as the giver of wisdom and revelation:
”For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but it gives us power, love, and self-discipline.”
Here self-discipline refers to a sound mind, which the first and second energy centers represent:
- Pituitary (Wisdom)
- Pineal (Revelation)
The third center of energy refers to communication, and its importance is described by Psalm 133: ”How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity”. The fourth and fifth energy centers refer to love and power.
The sixth center of energy represents a deeper type of sexuality through creativity and fruitfulness. The seven energy center refers to rootedness to earth that leads to an abundant life.
The Third Eye Chakra and the Bible: Other Questions
Is the Pineal Gland Spiritually Significant?
The pineal gland is a small-sized organ and is part of the brain. In human beings, it sits within the epithalamus. Biological, the gland has one function: To produce melatonin (A hormone) to signal the body when it’s time to sleep or wake up.
The pineal gland is a popular subject in occult and mysticism. Some religions believe it is the third eye. However, the Bible doesn’t describe the pineal gland as anything other than an organ. The bible also doesn’t explain how the spirit, body, and soul are connected.
Is the 3rd Eye in the Bible For Real?
A sixth sense is also known as Extra-sensory Perception (ESP). The ESP is the means through which we collect information with the help of the five senses. Depending on your belief and culture, a sixth sense can represent anything from technological to spiritual.
The Bible doesn’t allow practicing spiritual abilities such as communicating with the dead, telekinesis, and clairvoyance. If a third eye or sixth sense exists, it is not from God. Those who claim to have such spiritual abilities are deceivers. Leviticus 19:31 states:
”Do not rely on mediums and physics, for they defile you, I, the Lord, am your God.”
Do Pineal Gland Bible References Exist?
The pineal gland has been mentioned in the Bible several times:
- Genesis 32:30: So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
- Luke: 11:34: Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness.
- Genesis 3:5: For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
- Matthews 4:16: The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them, a light has dawned.”
- Revelation 22:2: Through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
- John 1:1 – 51: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was at the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Seven Chakras: The Meaning of Seven in the Bible
Below are the seven charka points and what they represent according to the Bible:
- Third Eye Chakra: The pineal gland refers to a sound mind through revelation.
- Crown Chakra: The pituitary gland refers to a sound mind through wisdom.
- Throat Chakra: The thyroid gland refers to communion through communication.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: The pancreas refers to raising creativity and power.
- Heart Chakra: The thymus gland refers to receiving and giving love.
- Root Chakra: The adrenal gland refers to rootedness to abundance and the earth.
- Sacral Chakra: The testes or ovaries refer to fruitfulness and creativity.
The number seven is a symbolic representation of important concepts in the Bible. The idea of the number seven and resting are intimately connected in the Bible. In Genesis 1, the number or word seven represents a complete or full world. Reaching seven is a linear journey from 1 to 7.
Jesse G. is a long-time fan of the esoteric in all of its forms and its effects on performance, happiness and stress in a variety of people. His work centers primarily around allowing people to use a variety of areas to figure out what works best for them as individuals.